Saturday, February 15, 2014

Sunday Long - Centennial Park Loops

Big turnout for the long Sunday run around the 10k loops that we do around the park, Pretty much had people coming in from all parts of Sydney town today that included Tom & Barts (good to see him join us) from the dark side (north), Enda Terrance Bell, C.T, Pommy Paul, Allo Allo, Krone, (East), Shire Damo and Lady Laura (South) and yours truly from the Inner West, and sorry I’m not sure where Jeet resides these daysJ

Great craic even before the off today with Enda getting a serve from all angles for yesterdays low act, soon on the way for the first loop and felt OK just working around the 4.30 pace chatting away to everyone, a quick drink before the 2nd and as I chatted away to the chairman I felt the pace pick up and all of a sudden I was dropping out the back and soon found myself 25 metres behind the pack. Managed to get back on around the 5.5k mark of the loop and somehow finished it strong even allowing going up Woollarha Hill and across the top track towards Paddington Gates and finishing at the cafe.
20ks all up in 90.06 (4.30 average) with the first 10k in 45.43 (4.32) and a quicker 2nd in 44.23
Happy with that overall , and I think that’s the longest I’ve managed for quiet a while now?

I was looking at doing 2 x 1k faster reps to finish the session but had no takers from anyone to join me, as we just stood around chatting for a further 20 minutes as way of a cool down.
Pommy Paul gave me even more info from yesterday as well telling me that on the countdown it went something like this –
Starter “5, 4, 3(Enda goes), 2, 1, Go” – as the field is then let loose, Unbelievable
Paulie also went on to tell me that the Park Run ethos is that the event was set up way back in London more as a community run that is open to everyone in nice pleasant surroundings, that is safe and easy to take part in. Everyone keeps a recording of there own time and is based on part honesty system and that you help your mates along the way. SADLY this all come undone yesterday from the man from Galway …….Shameful Episode of events if you ask me J

Time for a few Sunday afternoon ales now, I think I’ve deserved them.

Also loads of talk going on between the two boys (Tom & Enda) and by request people have demanded to see the favorite photos of the pair that is in the archives – As you know we aim to please, so for those yet to see the images.

A young Enda , all sweet and honest .............Oh my how things have changed over the years.
(by the way, those jeans get shorter in the leg each time i look)


And a clean cut Tommy Highman still impresses his new love. Today he looked more like the Tom Hanks in the Castaway movie.



Tommy H, looks like the pressure of NO work for the past 3 months has finally taken its toll

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment