Friday, February 21, 2014

Back in the Pool at the A.B.C

Ventured back to the A.B.C Pool today on a glorious Sydney Day and did an easy 400 warm up with Mikey first up. Got a little worried when there was only Elan in the fast lane with Mikey and ‘The Champ’ who have been swimming the house down in my lane.
Session was 1 x 400 4 x 200 and 8 x 100s
Did the first 400 with Mikey leading (he did ask me to take the lane – but I soon put that idea to bed), Mikey is very good on the pacing and consistent throughout to touch out on 6.45. . A few late starters joined in on the 200s with Taffy, Angus and Brendan helping keep the pace honest. I was struggling after the 2nd rep and found that the 15 second break was nowhere near enough so decided to take my first real breather of the day and sat out the 3rd rep.
Rejoined in for the 100s but think I then had to sit out the 4th as well as I was struggling to stay on ‘The Champs’ feet by this time
The times were pretty good overall but I was working way above my max to maintain them that’s for sure.

A tough old session but like yesterday just happy to say that at least I got through it after so long out of the water

Tomorrow I will hit the park for another run and then back up on Sunday with the Striders Equalizer over a tough off road 14ks.

Big weekend in the footy and they don’t come any tougher then a trip to Moneybags Man City for the Stoke boys, Still we have turned over Man Utd and Chelsea already this term so fingers crossed.
Timmy’s Tip – Man City 2 vs. Stoke City 0

Have a good weekend
Train Safe
Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment