Thursday, January 16, 2014

Moose in the Pool

Been a little slack on the blog updates of late, although in truth not been much happening as I just battle along to start the New Year, Went and did a track session on the Wednesday evening for a change – Bloody tough one that turned out to be as I battled not only the heat but the high winds around that made the back straight a nightmare each time around. Just did some 800s and 1k reps and certainly nothing to shout home about.
Thursday morning had the opportunity and headed down to Bondi Beach early doors for some sand running, something I haven’t done in years and after only about 2 minutes I remembered why? GOD, it was a killer and I was only running some 250 metres for each rep. Best part of the morning though had to be the dip in the ocean once it was all done….. What a way to start the day.

Friday, Into town on another scorcher of a day – big crowd turned out with the return of the ‘Gangster (Ibrahim), Claude, QLDer Dave, and the TWO Mikeys (Race, Conway) and was a bit alarmed when MrAce rocked up with a mink around his shoulders and  MooseHead wrapped around his bonce after his recent holidays in Canada, We split into the normal 2 groups (fast & slow) and the Gangster was the slowest to react that then saw him lead the first 400 out.
The pace was good for the first half of the session but not sure what happened on the 2nd 300 & the 1st 200 when the Taffy Lad led it out…………Geez, it was slow and I nearly fell asleep at one point. It was then left to Brendan to kick start it back up and I then helped out with a fast 100 J
Session was 2 x 400, 2 x 300, 2 x 200 and 2 x 100 – times were: 6.29, 6.36, 4.54, 5.11, 3.19, 3.13, 1.35, and 1.34
Felt pretty good today in the water and feel as if I’m getting stronger (in the water at least)

Had a good chat at the end to ‘Ronnie’ (Biggsy), looks like he’s training well, telling me he’s been doing some 400s on the track and I was surprised then when he told me that he can knock them out in 54 seconds …..Impressive, Also then went on and said that his goal this year is to ‘Take out the HuRTS performer of the year’ and that NOBODY will take him in a session when we hit Rushcutters’ …big call from the big guy, and was already asking when the next biathlon is on? 
He might be able to run 54 second 400s BUT  I think his press ups need some work after what I saw today whilst he was at the ‘Warrior’ session nearby.

Another busy weekend coming up, keen to get out and run BOTH days over the weekend, probably 10k tomorrow and 20 on the Sunday if I can?

Big weekend on the footy as well with the crunch game on at Selhurst Park with Slim Sammy Agnew’s Palace taking on the might of Stoke, Palace are on a bit of a roll lately thanks mainly to the EX Stoke manager, Will be a tough match and we should WIN but I think I’ll sit on the fence on this one.
Timmy’s Tip, take the draw…….. Crystal Palace 1 vs. Stoke 1
*** Sammy better leave the country should we get a result *****  J

Bondi Beach running - seen here with Neil Pearson (Orange shirt) Vlad following then me.



MrAce rocking up to the Friday swim set complete with Mink and Moose Head :)

Have a great weekend
Train well and stay safe
Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment