Sunday, July 15, 2012

Monday Flap in the Pool.

Down to the Ian Thorpe Pool at lunchtime to catch up with Pete Walker for a series of 200 and 100 metre efforts. Again got there early as i knew i wouldn't or couldn't keep pace with Pete and would have to miss some out (Reckon i did about half the set in the end)  Struggled my way through as usual and for about 45 minutes wished i was the other end of the pool joining in with the old ladies doing there water aerobics.
Tried to keep the 200s at 3.30s and the 100s as close to 1.40s as i could, with Pete just about taking off for his next rep by the time i was touching the wall.
Saw Super Fish Sharkie Richie High in the next lane to me flying along, and all i kept hearing after each lap was 1.10 .........1.10s for 100mtres? and he continued with this for about 3ks, very impressive.
I don't know what Richie is training for, but there must be something BIG in the pipeline with all the swimming he is doing. If anyone has any inside information please tell.

Well less then 4 weeks remaining before this years City to Surf and already the first barb has been fired in the trash talk.No guesses for which corner its been fired out of........The Irish Camp, with one blog stating that new dad Enda is out to smash me (once again)........well he should be very disappointed if he can't. I am not in good form and after all just an ageing footballer and he should be setting his sights higher then beating me.
I'll be lucky just to keep my preferred start this year and may be joining Mr Crumble Flakey in the masses next year if i don't see a sharp improvement over the next month.

Tomorrow its the HuRTS 45 minute tempo that i will venture into town for.

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Nonsense Timmy you have heard wrong.... I have trained twice in a week unlike your twice a day training sessions and haven't had more than 4 hours sleep since I can remember. I have retired won't even be making the start line....After 4 runs in 4 weeks It's not worth my while even showing up these days so I will be back in 2013...

    ReplyDelete