Tuesday, January 17, 2012

No Mercy from the Mermaid.

In what was down for an easy day, i made my way down to the pool for what i thought was a recovery swim to meet up with Mermaid Emma at the Vic on the Park Pool, Broadway. When i got there, Mermaid was  in the pool and i was delighted to hear that she had already  knocked out 3.3ks . My delight soon turned to despair though when she nominated the set as 5 x 100, 5 x 200, followed by another 5 x 100s.
Struggled though the first 5 -100s, and then thought 4 x 200s were the go instead of the 5. Laboured best described the effort whilst Em cruised up and down the little black line, Think she was miles ahead even doing 'medley (Fly, breast, back and crawl) whilst i could barely turn my arms over. Got through to the final 100s where i managed 4 , only for Emma to say 'I had one more to do' told her i was gone and unable to do any more, but there was no mercy coming from the Queen of the Pool and i was almost shamed into doing the extra lap whilst she did another 200 to bring her tally to 5.5ks for the morning :)
Could barely drag my sorry ar$e out the pool before retiring for a much needed coffee and recovery.

Received an email from Chairman Tom overnight , telling me that Kanser had requested to stay with the Highnams for the 6ft track weekend as Tom has hired out a fancy cottage upon the track in the mountains. He told me i am more then welcome, which i was delighted to hear - but on taking a closer look at my headquarters i might not take up the offer, just take a look where Tommy H is putting young Timmy up:)
My 5 Star digs for the Six Foot weekend - care of the Highnams.... Gee Times are tough :)

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Mate, it's location, location, location. Bring your own linen.

    ReplyDelete