Saturday, March 19, 2016

Sunday Long as England Grand Slam.


Three straight social days meant that I was not really looking forward to the Sunday long run this morning but with missing the past two weeks I knew I had to get back with Canberra only 3 weeks away and with Kanser still gunning for me.

Big crowd out and great to have The Shire’s #1 Lady Laura back running with us, although her smile soon disappeared when she saw Enda running down the hill to join us. The pace for the first 6k loop was perhaps the slowest it’s been for a long time but that suited me as English lad Richie Large and I got stuck into our Irish compatriots over the 6 Nations Rugby.

The start of the 10k loop was pretty much the same until about half way when Rich, Enda and Jerome and I upped the pace that was quiet noticeable all the way back to the cafe.  16k down and Kanser agreed to knock out another of our 5k loops that brought up 21 for the morning that I was more than happy with considering the week I’ve had.

Just over 95 minutes all up averaging 4.37s

Splits were: 5.05, 4.47, 4.46, 4.47, 4.45, 4.47, 4.53, 4.44, 4.40, 4.45, 4.28, 4.27, 4.30, 4.19, 4.20, 4.29, 4.32, 4.27, 4.30, 4.29, 4.30

 

A good catch up with the gang after with coffee and didn’t miss the opportunity to check the England v France score that resulted in England winning the Grand Slam and in turn offer poor Jerome plenty of good banter.

The bets were starting to fire up with Canberra only a few weeks away, Already got a friendly $20 with Jeet where I’ve got 3.5 minutes handicap start (I’ll need 5 at least to stand a chance). Kanser is getting more confident each run and agreed to cover the 2 minutes on me for the same amount. Whilst C.T was trying to shaft me offering only + 7  minutes. Told him I’ll take 10 that saw him go very quiet.

 

Will try to get out for a run tomorrow and may head into town for the lunchtime easy session.

 

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment