Wednesday, January 28, 2015

HuRTS 3 x 2k Reps - Passenger Terminal.

Pretty easy week so far but with the two races on last weekend in hot conditions and then the ‘Big Wet’ over the past 3 days I wasn’t too concerned, and was back feeling good and happy to return for the HuRTS 3 x 2k reps starting down near the Passenger Terminal.
Good break in the weather meant a decent crew and nice to see the return of The Leech and (once again) the Italian Stallion Durante back out, With some the fast boys out front I found myself in group two for today but still had strong company throughout.
Front runners were way ahead but found myself sitting on Crossy Lads shoulder (he was taking it easier) , alongside Macca and Bruce stopping the clock on 6.38 (3.24 pace) – I was measuring about 30 metres short  in truth but a few of the others were saying it was close?
Was then keen to stick with Macca and Crossy again on the 2nd but they decided to run in the first group so I was forced to lead the 2nd out and Andy (?) came with me but I felt the pace was never as fast without having to chase the quicker runners.
Was knackered all the same after the 2nd and even contemplated not doing the 3rd but refused to take the easy option and pretty much just tucked in behind Angus, Razor and swimmer Dave to come home in 6.46
Times for the 3 were; 6.38, 6.41, 6.46 ( I reckon it were 30m or about 8 seconds short ?)
Still happy with that, and I used to say if I were knocking ALL 3 out in under 7 mins then I knew I was getting fitter and on the right road.

Decent warm down with Paulie Hannell, the Stallion, Jono and a few others around the gardens of the Domain ‘Smelling the Roses’ whilst Tommy H was getting withdrawal symptoms from the fumes so headed back up Hickson Road to get his fix.

Time Trial time again tomorrow at the ABC Pool – and as current holder (December) I have the pressure to retain the Duck, Let’s just hope handicapper Pete Walker hasn’t been to tough on me?

Sight of the Day, when I had finished and walking past the Art Gallery, I see Taffy James and Champaign Charlie come hop, skip and jumping past me holding hands on the way to Woolloomooloo wharf for a nice picnic on the water …… pair of soft lads.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment