Monday, January 19, 2015

2 x 3ks & a PLOD with POD.

Miserable morning out but perfect running weather especially after all the hot and humid conditions of late. Thought old Renaud was going to join me this morning after he put a call out but I suspect once he saw the rain that was enough for him as he never fronted?
A flat 4k warm up then decided on 2 x 3k reps, still without the GPS so run to feel and tried to relax as much as possible doing them. Felt OK and loved the rain that helped as I came through the first rep in 11.11 (3.42s). A 700m float easy recovery before the 2nd and pushed the pace slightly and focused more of the stronger finish coming in on 10.56 (3.39s). Thought about a possible 3rd rep but then noticed ‘Top Man’ POD behind me on the recovery so ended up doing another flat lap (4ks) cool down with him. Always good to chat with PLOD, and will always offer some good advise along the way, probably shouldn’t say but he’s even give me a tip or two on how to take down Enda at Striders?
14ks all up for the morning – Loved it.

Talking Enda, at last we have a fair bet worked out in time for the coming 10k Striders race in Feb, It’s taken some time and a ‘Independent Adjudicator’ has been brought in but it’s been settled that I will receive a 1.45 start on handicap. Was looking for 2 but I’m getting stronger and happy enough with the 1.45 as I think Enda will run close to 35.15 then it’s up to me to break 37 ????
$20 on the table.

Just away now for a couple of days – for what Mikey would term ‘ A well earned rest’ up the Coast, but will be back in time for my favorite HuRTS Rushcutters session come Thursday lunch.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment