Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Road to Rio.

Stayed in the park after work this morning and did 6 x Paddington Hills and back fairly easy, just trying to get a little strength back in the legs, before doing a flat 4k loop. Worked the flat flat loop at 4.19 pace but to be honest I was breathing fairly heavy even at that.
10.4ks all up.
Lovely day out there so then decided to try to fit a swim session in, Leech joined me and also had an unlikely partner in Brendan who has improved in the 3 weeks I have been away. Any thoughts of an easy session went out the back door when "Brigadier Brendan' was more precise with his breaks then Militant Mikey and Corporal Boyd.
Copied Monday's set that the boys did which was 1 x 400, 2x 300, 3x 200 and 4x 100s
Struggled to hang on in truth and the boys weren't going easy on me either - making me do my turn on the front for 1 of the 300s and a two. Times were down a little on normal, although that was to be expected especially as I haven't been swimming now for 3 weeks.
2.2ks done in total.

Well World Cup 2014 is just around the corner now, and the boys qualified this morning against the Poles at Wembley in a tense match. It was like a local derby match with all the Poland fans at the game and I can't believe they booed the National Anthem, when most at the game actually live there and send there child benefit payments back to Poland (Ok Rant Over)
So all roads now lead to Rio ........bring it on , and keep this to yourself BUT the HuRTS boys on tour number 2 could be on the cards for the Marathon in Rio whilst the Cup is on :) It’s the nearest Enda/Kanser/ Taxi Man and The Leech will ever get to a World Cup anyway. Although the Leech was telling me he is keen as we all know how keen he is to wear the 3 Lions England Shirt and this could be his best chance.
I think the draw is made for the round robin matches early December and where all the teams will be based so hopefully the crew could be doing the Samba come June/July next year.

Back to Rushcutters tomorrow for the 10 x 400s, normally one of my better sessions, but it's going to hurt like hell this one.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment