Thursday, October 18, 2012

Swimming Breakthrough.

On the 1st September i had a goal to set out to work on my swimming for the 3 months throughout the spring months to see if i could get my swimming to a half decent level ( for me that is, still bad by other peoples standards). I thought by doing this then i could go into the Phuket Thailand race with some confidence and not miles behind coming out the water.
Over the past 6-7 weeks I've laboured and toiled along the little black line and felt as if I've got nowhere and sometimes wondered if there was any point at all and that swimming was one sport that i would always struggle in. Well today ( and perhaps this week) I finally felt that i have had a swimming breakthrough, ( again lets not get carried away - I'm Still Sh!te but...) by knocking out the quickest reps i think i can manage in the pool, even going sub 5 minutes for the 300s :)
Another 2ks for the day, and 4th swim of the week - so going along nicely at the moment and there is still another fortnight before Noosa and 5 weeks till Thailand to improve more.
........Now, if i can just get this bloody running going in the same direction. Might give Kanser a call to see if he can help or has any tips for me:)

Cycled into town later in the day to see Slim Sammy Agnew and get my new GPS watch that i have had replaced, lets just hope this one works better and is not a 'Lemon' as J-Fen would put it.
Pretty barren year for Sammy so far as he has had bad luck with injuries and work commitments but look out for him come 2013 as it could just be his year ?

BRAT race down at Heffron on Sunday for the triathlon that i will use as a hit out before more important races over the next few weeks so hoping to test everything out to see where i am exactly.

Have a great weekend, Train safe
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment